Following item 7 of Minutes of the XIX Consultative Council Session dated 20 February 2019 an inter-ministerial working group on the formation and development of agro-industrial clusters has been created by involving representatives of relevant ministries and agencies, and local private sector.
The draft of Program on the creation of favorable conditions for the implementation of good agricultural practices in agricultural production (Global G.A.P.) was developed, along withthe Concept of formation and development of agro-industrial clusters in the Republic of
Tajikistan until the year 2040, within the framework of the working group. The Program will contribute to the comprehensive development of the agricultural sector, introduction of new methods of innovation and technology management in agricultural practices, and an increase in agricultural exports.
The draft of this Program was presented at the XX Consultative Council Session dated 12 February 2020 under the chairmanship of the Leader of the Nation, President of the Republic of Tajikistan, Chairman of the Consultative Council, His Excellency Emomali Rahmon.
The Program on the creation of favorable conditions for the implementation of good agricultural practices in agricultural production (Global G. A. P.) and the Action Plan was approved by the Decree of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan dated 28 October 2020, No. 567.
The Goals and Objectives of the Program:
- Creation of favorable legislative, procedural, technical, and financial conditions in the agricultural sector and related industries for the implementation of the Global G.A.P. standard
- Expansion of knowledge of manufacturers and relevant government agencies on the
requirements of the Global G.A.P. standard
- Assessment and analysis of legislation for compliance with Global G.A.P. requirements,
considering the existing practice of implementing the conditions and requirements provided for in the provisions of the Global G.A.P. standard
- Preparation and coordination with the Global G.A.P. Secretariat for the implementation of the “National G.A.P.” Program (“Local G.A.P.»)
The Positive Effect of the Program:
- Harmonization of food safety management systems and capacity building of
the national quality infrastructure;
- Creating new conditions for production and improving existing production and business relationships that eliminate or prevent physical and biological contamination of products;
- Increasing confidence of consumers and retailers in Tajik products, as well as improvement of investment climate in the agricultural sector.